Don’t see all the leads you generate as a win, some are a complete and utter waste of time. Weird thing to introduce a blog about getting more leads, right? In the B2B world, in my opinion, quality alwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays triumphs over quantity. Therefore, I am covering five of my top tips to increase the number of your good leads.
Firstly, for heaven’s sake, don’t gate your content all the time. While data capture is golden, just because they have read one blog doesn’t mean you can go spam them with your 20-day email sequence. Create demand with your content and digital strategy to make the sales team’s job easier.
Make magic happen with a benefit-driven website
Your website is arguably the most important aspect of your digital marketing strategy as a lead generation business. It’s where the magic happens. A few things you can do to make your website work like a well-oiled machine are:
- Add case studies and testimonials on your home page for social proof.
- Make the copy all about the benefits to the customer. What does the customer get if they work with you? Think. If you were interested in these services, would this copy entice you to fill in a form/call the business?
- Have a meet the team page to make your business seem more personable. People buy from people after all. Showcase your team’s personalities through photos and bios.
- Show the results of your work front and centre on your website. This adds credibility to your business, increasing the likelihood of a conversion.
- Have you won any recent awards? Put them on your website!
- Include call to actions throughout your homepage and website. Make it easy for the person to express their interest in your services – nobody wants to be clicking back and forth to fill in a form.
Match up your keywords to relevant landing pages with your Google Search Ads
The biggest, most annoying, eye twitching mistake I see businesses make with their Search Ads is their landing pages. Nobody wants to search for a specific service or product to be sent to the generic home page.
If I search for a PPC agency, I expect to see a specific PPC service landing page on my screen, not a home page or about us page. The more time and effort it takes for someone to get an answer for their search, the more likely they are to bounce right off your website.
This is why it is so important to do effective keyword research, using tools like SEM Rush and Google Keyword Planner to make sure your Ads are appearing for relevant searches. Target a mixture of long and short tail keywords for optimum results.
Once you have chosen which keywords you are targeting and selected the most relevant landing page, it’s time to make your Ad stand out. You can do this by making your copy super creative, cheeky and funny. Some of the best Search Ads are a little naughty – aka competitor brand terms!
Boost traffic to your website by optimising your On-page SEO
The best way to explain how SEO works is by talking about the gym.
You go to the gym, try out a new workout, but nothing really changes overnight other than waking up with annoyingly sore muscles.
You keep going. Working on your form, doing new exercises, increasing your weight. A few months later you start to see some improvements, you feel fitter, more energetic, stronger and your clothes might be getting a lil bit looser.
So, you continue going to the gym, increasing intensity and then BAM, you are at the peak of your fitness (whatever you feel that is). It’s taken blood, sweat and tears to get here but you feel proud.
HOWEVER, you can’t stop. No. If you did, your strength would disappear and all your hard work would be undone. This is your lifestyle. One where you focus on your body and mind for the rest of your life.
SEO is no different. It takes time to get the rewards, the money-making, business growing results you want. When you get there you can’t stop optimising your website, it’s an ongoing process, forever. But, a hugely beneficial one. Once your website starts getting traffic for relevant searches, the conversions will come flooding in. I’d maybe put your holiday on pause because boy, you going to be busy.
There are three main elements of SEO, On-page, Off-page and Technical SEO. I am going to share some On-page SEO tips
- Do proper in-depth keyword research – what are your main services? What do you want your website to appear for on Google. Check the volume of each keyword, the user intent and difficulty.
- Include your keywords in your meta title and description. A meta title should be between 55 and 60 characters and a meta description between 155 to 160 characters.
- Add keywords to your headlines (H1s). These need to match with your meta titles for the best results.
- Add keywords to your on-page content, but do not stuff them in. Make it easy to read and understand too.
- Add internal links to your pages
Organic traffic is golden, but be prepared, it takes time.
Create landing pages that convert
B2B landing pages are prolific for being too technical and wordy – please don’t look at ours, a huge focus of mine is improving them this year I promise!!
I could rewrite it, but I wouldn’t be able to do it justice. Go check it out!!
Create a banging content marketing strategy
Content marketing helps improve your SEO and keeps the reader coming back for more. If you could make your blog the content hotspot to go to in your niche, you are onto a winner.
Do thought leadership pieces. Showcase the expertise of your team, build authority and trustworthiness. Then when your prospect is ready, you will be at the top of their list.
Once you see these stats you will be running over to your laptop. According to a survey by Demand Gen, 96% of Business to Business prospects want to see more content from industry leaders. The most notable statistic? 47% of prospects view three to five pieces of content before engaging with the sales team. A no brainer right?!
Record a podcast. Do a YouTube video series. Update your blog regularly. There are so many opportunities to create content, just go do it.
I hope you find these tips useful in the quest of acquiring better quality leads. It’s fun out there. And always remember, B2B buyers are human beings, not robots!
Free Website Audit
Let's get started
What our client say...
“Richard and his team took a lot of time out of his day to come and visit us, see our products, see what we’re about and understand our industry. The results, they speak for themselves really.”
CEO & Founder
1 Stop Spas