Social media is alive and kicking. Do you still need some persuasion about investing in social media for business? Here are some Monday morning stats to get you thinking!
Social Media Stats 2012*
Facebook has accelerated in growth to more than 950 million active users, adding more than 200 million in a single year. Twitter now has 100 million active users and LinkedIn has over 64 million users in North America alone.
Facebook Statistics 2012:
- An average Facebook user has 130 friends and likes 80 pages
- 56% of consumer say that they are more likely recommend a brand after becoming a fan
- Each week on Facebook more than 3.5 billion pieces of content are shared
Twitter Statistics 2012:
- 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter
- 55% of Twitter users access the platform via their mobile
General Social Media Statistics 2012:
- 30% of B2B marketers are spending million of pounds each year on social media marketing
- Nearly 30% of these users are not tracking the impact of this marketing
- 20% of Google searches each day have never been searched for before
- Out of the 6 billion people on the planet 4.8 billion have a mobile and only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush!
The value of a social media presence for online retailers is difficult to contest and for some companies has become an integral part of customer service. However social media networks, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr also offer valuable opportunities for ethical link building.
Social Media + Content Marketing = Sales Conversions
A targeted commercial social media strategy is a worthwhile investment of time and money, not only for brand awareness, providing awesome customer service, but for vital sales conversions. In a highly competitive, fast-moving online environment you cannot afford not to engage with your potential customers and fall behind the competition.
Free Website Audit
Let's get started
What our client say...
“Richard and his team took a lot of time out of his day to come and visit us, see our products, see what we’re about and understand our industry. The results, they speak for themselves really.”
CEO & Founder
1 Stop Spas